Douai Abbey, or at least its monks, have moved around more than just a little. The order was founded in Paris in 1615, under the patronage of the monks of Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk. Although based in France, most of the monks were English and most of the ministries were effected in England.
The French Revolution meant that the monks had to move from Paris, but they went to Douai, from whence their name. They began to teach young English boys, most of whom were destined for the priesthood.
Under the terms of the French Laws of Association, the Abbot and monks were expelled from France in 1903. They moved back to England, to Woolhampton in Berkshire and began to teach from there. The Douai Abbey still administers eight parishes and retreats, but the school itself closed down in 1999.