The house is not open to the public, but the gardens are on occasions, and then they are worth a visit.
There was once a castle on the site, but there are no remains whatsoever. A medieval manor was next to be built, and again, no trace remains. The current West Woodhay House was built in 1635. It is credited by some to Inigo Jones, but was more probably built by Edward Carter.
West Woodhay House